Reviewed by Sarah
Start Date: July 10
Finish Date: July 13
Star Rating: seven stars *******
"Movie" Rating: G
Not being much of an Austen fan, I didn't really go into this with especially high expectations. I'm not saying I expected it to be bad, I was simply expecting there to be more marital maneuverings than political ones, and more misuderstanding than magic.
And I was right, of course. But allowing for this failing, I enjoyed this book. It took me about twelve chapters to actually get into (you can't get properly involved in a plot until someone gets konked on the head...[kidding! mostly]) but after that it was enjoyable. And now I know what people mean when they exclaim about "The Letter!"
EDIT: Ok, so I just watched the movie (1995 version) on youtube. :D Very true to the book, and the changes they did make I find myself agreeing with. I watched the last 7or so minutes of the 1997 version and I will say I much prefer the 1995.
July 13, 2009
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Labels:
classic,
Jane Austen,
librivox,
love,
Persuasion,
reviewed by sarah,
romance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment