reviewed by Sarah
Start Date: July 26
Finish Date: July 26
Star Rating: 8 Stars
Movie Rating: PG, because the bad people make me VERY ANGRY. GRRRR.
Miss Larkins opened her mouth, and quite a different voice came out. It was a man's voice, brisk and kindly. "You've taken a weight off my mind, lad," it said. It sounded pleased. "There'll be a big change coming up for you now. But you've been awfully careless--four gone already, and only five left. You must take more care. You're in danger from at least two directions, did you know?"
Can it be that we haven't reviewed a DWJ book on this blog yet? It looks like it. Hmm. Well, we're fixing that right now, aren't we? :D
Its been nearly a year since I first read the Chronicles of Chrestomanci. They're pretty awesome, by the way. Well, the first and third volume are--especially the third volume. We're pretending that the second volume doesn't exist, because I don't like it much. :-)
So re-reading this one was more painful that it was reading it the first time around, because you know from the beginning whats going on and.... Oh, poor Cat.
SPOILERS START HERE.
You know, it would have been nice if Gwendolen did everyone a favor and jumped off a cliff. That would have been really, really, incredibly nice actually. But then there wouldn't be much of a story. Thats the frustrating thing about stories, I've found.
Cat took the whole BIG REVEAL ending MUCH better than I would have. If I found out that my sister was almost completely evil and had been using me for her own evil ends and that everyone thought that I was being evil with her and had been afraid to tell me all this and.... well, I would have burst into tears, curled up in a ball, and refused to look anyone in the face or speak to them for days. In that order. And then after that I would have been extremely, painfully shy of everyone and felt guilty for it all even though it wasn't my fault. Poor Cat. But, as I said, he takes it rather well, considering. Hm.
Chrestomanci is awesome and hilarious. Love the costumes. I mean outfits. Or whatever.
July 26, 2009
Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment