July 21, 2009

The Man Who Would be King by Rudyard Kipling

Reviewed by Sarah
avaliable here
start date: July 21
finish date:July 21
star rating: 4 stars ****
movie rating: PG-13


This is one of those... classics. Can you hear the contempt in my tone of voice? This story is sad and brutal and YUK. But its a classic. (In case anyone was wondering, I am not a great reader of Depressing Classics. [We're excluding A Tale of Two Cities from that list.])

Don't get me wrong, it was well written and I felt for the characters and all that. But it was so depressing. Give me a book that will make me laugh, please, and I don't really care if it becomes a classic.

The reader did a really good job with it. Though I didn't really like the book, I did like the way she read it.

I guess it has a goodish moral--Don't Impersonate Diety. Pretty sure I wasn't planning on trying that anytime soon anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I like the laughing books too. Maybe we should add a laugh/happiness factor rating to the book reviews. haha jk

    ReplyDelete