July 2, 2009

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

reviewed by Sarah
Avaliable here
Start Date: May 26, 2009
Finish Date: July 2, 2009
Star Rating: 8 stars, because 'tis extremely funny ********
"Movie" Rating: G, can't really see anyone getting offended at this one

No, I hadn't read this before. Well, not entirely. I'd started it at least three times before (possibly more) periodically through elementary and junior high school. I eventually gave it up, thinking that these just weren't the books for me.

And, as much as I truly loved and enjoyed this book, I'm not so sure that I would have sat and read through the whole thing. However, listening to it while working was pretty much the perfect way for me, personally, to experience this book. I just sat there at my desk, painting away and laughing to myself (my coworkers have started to become used to this, and I'm becoming less self-conscious about it.) A book I'll sit down and dedicate my full time to and stay up til three reading requires some sort of gripping plot, which I can't say that this book has. Which isn't a bad thing, by any means--it simply isn't that sort of book. But while I wouldn't stay up til three reading it, is probably been my favorite book so far for listening to while working. Great characters, funny scenes, and of course a great reader (Karen Savage, you are my Hero) made for two very enjoyable workdays. I started on Anne of Avonlea today, and I'm glad that there is more to the series, though unfortunately only three have been read by Karen Savage. *sigh* Well, I suppose I should work on finding other Favorite Readers...


Well, now I'm going to run upstairs to grab a couple books to see if I can't drag myself out of this blasted readers slump--you may have noticed that all the books I've been reviewing lately I've listened to while working. This is because, somehow, none of the books I've picked up have been able to hold my attention. The really sad thing is, I know that normally most of them would, and I fully intend to finish most or all of the books I've started lately, but for some reason they aren't holding my attention. Anyway, I'm going to grab a couple library books to see how well they'll hold my attention, then go home (well, to the apartment, which isn't "Home" home but you know what I mean) and turn on the Anne of Green Gables movie and sketch. And THEN read my library books.

No comments:

Post a Comment