July 8, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling

This is book number 6 in the series, and since the movie is coming out this month I decided to read it again. It has been a good while since I have picked up a Harry Potter book, and I must say I had forgotten how incredibly delightful reading them is. there are British terms everywhere, and positively splendid descriptions of the most ordinary things. (for example Harry's insides doing the conga when thinking about a girl he likes...)

Star rating: 10 because it is so fun to read!

As others have said, (this is totally spoiler-free commentary) this series gets darker and more mature in each book, reflection of the characters maturing to a year older in each book. I would therefore not give this book (6) to an eleven-year-old while I would highly recommend the first two books to someone of that age.

1 comment:

  1. I had planned to read this one before the movie release too, but I'm not sure I'll actually get around to it. The good thing about this is, I'll probably enjoy the movie more.

    ReplyDelete