Reviewed by Sarah
avaliable here
Start Date: July 20
Finish Date: July 20
Star rating: seven stars *******
"Movie" rating: G
No, I hadn't read this book before. But now I have, so there.
I wonder if mom read this book when she was little? I'm just wondering because of the names-- Sarah (Sara? One doesn't quite know how things are spelled when one is listening to an audiobook) and Emily, her doll. Maybe? Mom has always said the she simply just liked the names, and wanted to give them to her first two daughters. She never gave a particular reason why.
But the book review, yes. Though I hadn't read the book before, I had seen a movie version, not the Shirly Temple version, but one a bit more recent. I haven't seen it since probably Jr. High or so, but I remember the basics of the plot, if not most of the details. So the story itself wasn't all that surprising for me, except for the change of a couple Major Details. But anyway. I enjoyed this book greatly :-)
I seem to be giving alot of seven star ratings lately. Maybe because I've mostly been listening to librivox books, which I do enjoy, but my True Love happens to be current YA fantasy.
July 20, 2009
A Little Princess by Francis Hodgson Burnett
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment