August 11, 2009

Unnatural Death by Dorothy Sayers

reviewed by Sarah
Start/Finish Date: August 11. I essentially read it in one sitting, with breaks for food and such.
Star Rating: seven stars ******* because I really did enjoy it, but murder mysteries aren't really my thing
"Movie" Rating: I think I'll say PG-13. This is a MURDER mystery.

So this was an interesting Muder Mystery--the question wasn't really WhoDunnIt, that was narrowed down fairly quickly. The question was how to PROVE it--not only who did it, but that the death was in fact a murder, as opposed to a death of natural causes (thus the title Unnatural Death.)

I will say, I did figure out--well, as I said, you know fairly early on who did it, but I figured out the, um, secret several pages before it was revealed. Once all the clues were in place and one had only to think a bit. Of course Lord Peter didn't figure it out until he had One More Extremely Obvious Clue, so I felt Smart. :-)

I'd say more about it, but I'm in the middle of The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club, so I think I'll just wait and say whatever it is when I review that one. Or maybe I'll wait 'til Strong Poison. And Harriet. I'm rather impatient for her to show up, because of course, according to Verity (in TSNotD) its terribly romantic. Though of course she was time-lagged at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment