August 12, 2009

Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers

Reviewed by Sarah
Start Date: Well, considering that I started it after midnight, I guess it was August 12
Finish Date: August 12
Star Rating: I think 8 is the right number. ********
Movie Rating: Eerm, hmmm. PG.


This book gets a star more than the others have because it has a Touch of Romance thrown in. But Lord Peters kind of Romance is a bit.... well...

"Well, I'm glad ou feel like that about it."
"Are you? It's not going to be exactly helpful in the present crisis."
"No; I was looking beyond that. What I mean to say is, when all this is over, I want to marry you, if you can put up with me and all that."


Um, Lord Peter? You only actually MET her, like, five minutes ago. But if I forgave Peaceable I suppose I must forgive you too--but, see here, Peaceable gave her at least a couple of hours. You could have waited more than sixty pages, couldn't you? No? Well, I got a really good laugh out of it, so forgiveness isn't all that difficult, I suppose. Though I have to say it wasn't as good as the laugh I got out of the discussion you had on a similar subject with Parker. Oh my, I had to put down the book and have a good, long, loud laugh at that one. 'Twas excellent.

And, see here, I'm the one who asks, "How goes it?" Though I suppose you did technically say it first. But even so.

It was rather frustrating to have seen So Very Little of Harriet, but looking back on it, on the few tiny scenes we get of her, you do get a tiny peek into who she is. I'll just have to wait and see, eh?



Today at work the song Upside-down by Jack Johnson came up on my Pandora Station. Its kind of funny in a way, but it fits this book rather well. So now that song and this book will always be linked in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment