August 21, 2009

Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

Reviewed by Sarah
avaliable here on librivox
Start Date: 18th
Finish Date: 21st
Star Rating: um, seven. *******
"Movie" rating: G

'That's the way it's done,' the Queen said with great decision: 'nobody can do two things at once, you know. Let's consider your age to begin with—how old are you?'

'I'm seven and a half exactly.'

'You needn't say "exactually,"' the Queen remarked: 'I can believe it without that. Now I'll give YOU something to believe. I'm just one hundred and one, five months and a day.'

'I can't believe THAT!' said Alice.

'Can't you?' the Queen said in a pitying tone. 'Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes.'

Alice laughed. 'There's no use trying,' she said: 'one CAN'T believe impossible things.'

'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. There goes the shawl again!'



So this was a hilarious and strange book. It didn't really make all that much sense, but then again, that wasn't really the point.

And since I'm in the habit of giving poor, meandering, unclear reviews, I shall simply stop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment