June 1, 2009

Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley

Novel length retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Star rating, 7 stars.

This book has lots about roses. Seriously I know more about taking care of roses now than I ever wished to know. The familiar fairy tale story line ends with a twist. Not a whole lot else to say about this book.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer Beauty over Rose Daughter, but I do appreciate Rose Daughter and what McKinley was trying to do. And I actually like this ending better in some ways-- its not as happily-ever-after, but the thought behind it adds to the theme of the tale, I think.

    Whats the point of falling in love with a beast, if they stop being a beast as soon as you get married? (Seems to me that it would be more likely to be the other way around ;-)

    ReplyDelete