June 7, 2009

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Reviewed by Sarah
Start Date: A couple months ago
Finish Date: a few days ago
Star Rating: 9, because Gen is Awesome
"Movie" Rating: PG, for a few swears and one violent scene

I wasn't reading this for myself, I was reading it to Deidre and Jocelyn. Jocelyn joined in about halfway in, where she'd left off when she had to turn it back in to the library.

I haven't re-read this one as much as I have QoA and KoA. There is alot more traveling around and not QUITE as much of the of the awesome double meanings. (Oh, the end of QoA. "Do you know what is going to happen to you, Thief?" "Yes." IRENE YOU ARE MADE OF AWESOEME)

A fun book which I highly recommend both because it is awesome in and of itself and because it precedes My Favorite Book.


SPOILERS BEGIN HERE. PLEASE DON'T READ ON UNLESS YOU HAVE a) already read the book or b) don't intend to ever read the book or c)want to completely spoil your reading experience.

So I accidentally let slip to Jocelyn what the big surprise at the ending was. Deidre has read QoA and KoA, so I was pointing out how one of the Magus's comments is particularly ironic ("A cousin, perhaps, to someone exalted" Yeah, because he's the queens cousin, remember?" "HE IS??"). OOPS. My bad. She still seemed to enjoy the book, though.

1 comment: