Reviewed by Sarah
Start Date: May 9th ish
Finish Date: May 30th
Star rating: 8 stars ********
"Movie" Rating: PG
First, awesome music:
Now, the review:
So, I wanted to read this firstly because the movie is awesome (my favorite Miyazaki) and second because I want to read more graphic novels. When I told her that I wanted to read these books, Deidre the Awesome put it on hold and checked it out for me from the Provo library. (I really should get a library card there.)
It was interesting to see the "whole" story, as opposed to the "abridged" movie version. Some things are communicated better, or just differently, in the graphic novel from how they're done in the movie. Such as Nausicaas comunication with the insects--in the movie its more kinda vague, but in the graphic novel its seems to be pretty straight-up telepathy. Also in the graphic novel it makes more clear how Nausicaa is like the insects--when she becomes angry, the rage takes over and almost doesn't have control over herself.
This was just the first of I think five books, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest.
May 30, 2009
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Volume I, by Hayao Miyazaki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment