Star rating: 7
I recently read Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith and it was so amazing that I just had to try out something else written by her. I was expecting amazing again. A Posse of Princesses was good, but not nearly as good as Crown Duel. That is just about all there is to it.
Continuing in comparing the two books, the romance aspect of Crown Duel is just a little sizzle that makes all of the other action more interesting and compelling but the book could stand alone without the romance and still be a good read. In Posse of Princesses the romance is a more central part of the whole plot. In fact it drives the plot. Additionally, I think that the audience that would enjoy each book is a little different. A Posse of Princesses is for a little bit younger of an audience (say early teens) while Crown Duel is for older readers (late teens to adult).
June 22, 2009
A Posse of Princesses by Sherwood Smith
Labels:
A Posse of Princesses,
Crown Duel,
romance,
Sherwood Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, now I see where Lynzee got her idea for her book blog. Have you seen it?
ReplyDelete