May 8, 2009

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley

This is one of my all time favorite books! Yes, I have read it before, but I finally have my own copy, so naturally I had to read it again. Star rating is undoubtedly ten stars.

I experience this book more like watching a movie than reading a book. That to me is amazing. The writing creates such great pictures in the mind that you really experience and see what is going on in the the story. There is action, adventure, mystery, and a great ending. However, my favorite part of the book is the horses! The horses in this book are huge, beautiful, and they can be ridden without stirrups or bridles. I would really like to see a horse that could be trained like that one day!

Recommendations: teens and adults, of both genders! This is a book that everyone will enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. One of my Mostest Favorites--must re-read soonish.


    And I see from your list you're gonna try some Sherwood Smith. I need to read more of hers. I think you meant a Posse of Princesses... I'm interested to see what you think, I haven't read it yet but I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete