January 15, 2010

Reading Update

With school starting, I haven't really kept this blog updated very well. Sorry, all.

What I've been reading:

I re-read Cordelia's Honor (omnibus of Shards of Honor and Barrayar) and Young Miles (omnibus of The Warriors Apprentice, The Mountains of Mourning and The Vor Game). Those were fun re-reads, and it was the right time for a re-read. I'm not really going to review them though, because I don't really think that the people who watch this blog would really be interested in these books anyway.

Emily still has QoA, so I haven't finished re-reading that one, but we have made progress in reading A Conspiracy of Kings aloud. The audience has now expanded from just Deidre to Brooke, Annilyn, Jocelyn, Deidre, and Natalie. It is a bit more difficult for us all to have time at the same time for reading, but I think its alot of fun this way. Natalie is the only one of us who hasn't read the previous books, and I'm wondering what it will be like for her. But it's not quite like it would be for someone else who is reading it before the other books, because we have all been talking about what happened in the previous books--clarifying references made, etc. So she's pretty much completely spoiled as far as certain surprises go (by her own choice, might I emphasize) but I don't think that means she can't/won't enjoy them WHEN she reads them. :D

Yesterday I started reading The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing Volume One: The Pox Party. It was interesting, but the language was a bit difficult, and it didn't feel like the right novel for me to read just now. So I went home, looking over my bookshelves, and I pulled down The Haunting by Margaret Mahy, which I got for my birthday from my Generous Book-Giving Friend. The prose is very Diana Wynne Jones-esque, and I'm enjoying it alot so far.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you sure are an avid reader. How would it be to have hours of leisure reading time available...enjoy it while you can, it won't last.

    ReplyDelete