October 28, 2009

The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

Star Rating:9

This book is not a fairy tale. The main character is a teenage boy named Jack. He is a typical kid with typical teenage experiences and friends. Setting is modern times. Considering only those points this does not sound like the kind of book I would usually like. However, there is more to this story. Fantastical elements are central to the theme and story. There is lots of swordplay. Overall, the story is amazing, can't-put-this-book-down!

With lots of modern stories these days I am wary about a good story laced with inappropriate stuff. When I started reading this book and figured out that it was a modern set about a teenager I would have stopped, but the book was recommended to me by someone that I trust to not recommend a book I would not like. I am so glad that I didn't put the book down, because I really enjoyed the book, and it didn't have inappropriate-ness in it.

Try it Sarah, you will like it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try it out...I think this is one of the only "modern day" books that you guys have reviewed! I'm excited to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete